- Processing in relation to personal data means collecting, recording, holding or storing the personal data or carrying out any operations or set of operations on the personal data.
When Will We Collect Personal Data?
- You are required to become a registered user by creating an account with us to make purchases within our website.
- when you register and/or use our Services or website, or open an account with us
- when you submit any form, including, but not limited to, application forms or other forms relating to any of our products and services, whether online or by way of a physical form;
- when you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions with us, or when you use our products and services;
- when you interact with us, such as via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, fax, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms and emails;
- when you use our electronic services, or interact with us via our application or use services on our website. This includes, without limitation, through cookies which we may deploy when you interact with our application or website;
- when you carry out transactions through our Services;
- when you provide us with feedback or complaints;
- when you register for a contest; or
- when you submit your personal data to us for any reason.
- The above does not purport to be exhaustive and sets out some common instances of when personal data about you may be collected
What Personal Data do we collect?
- The personal data that we may collect includes but is not limited to:
- full name;
- email address;
- date of birth;
- billing and delivery address;
- identity card number;
- passport number;
- bank account and payment information;
- telephone number;
- any other information about the User when the User signs up to use our Services or website, and when the User uses the Services or website, as well as information related to how the User uses our Services or website; and
- aggregate data on content the User engages with
- If you do not want us to collect the aforementioned information/personal data, you may opt out at any time by notifying us in writing. Note, however, that opting out of us collecting your personal data or withdrawing your consent for us to collect, use or process your personal data may affect your use of the Services.
How do we use the Information you provide us?
- We may collect, use, disclose and/or process your personal data for one or more of the following purposes
- to consider and/or process your application/transaction with us or your transactions or communications with third parties via the Services;
- to manage, operate, administer and provide you with as well as to facilitate the provision of our Services, including, without limitation, remembering your preferences
- to tailor your experience through the Services by displaying content according to your interests and preferences
- where you give us your prior consent, for marketing and in this regard, to send you by various modes of communication such as postal mail, email, location-based services or otherwise, marketing and promotional information and materials relating to products and/or services (including, without limitation, products and/or services of third parties whom we may collaborate or tie up with) that we (and/or its affiliates or related corporations) may be selling, marketing or promoting, whether such products or services exist now or are created in the future.
- to respond to, process, deal with or complete a transaction and/or to fulfil your requests for certain products and services and notify you of service issues and unusual account actions;
- for identification and/or verification;
- to contact you or communicate with you via voice call, text message and/or fax message, email and/or postal mail;
- to carry out due diligence or other screening activities (including, without limitation, background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or our risk management procedures that may be required by law or that may have been put in place by us;
- to produce statistics and research for internal and statutory reporting and/or record-keeping requirements;
- As the purposes for which we will/may collect, use, disclose or process your personal data depend on the circumstances at hand, such purpose may not appear above. However, we will notify you of such other purpose at the time of obtaining your consent, unless processing of the applicable data without your consent is permitted by the Privacy Laws.
Disclosure of Personal Data
- In conducting our business, we will/may need to disclose your personal data to our third party service providers, agents and/or our affiliates or related corporations, and/or other third parties, whether sited in Malaysia or outside of Malaysia, for one or more of the above-stated Purposes. Such third party service providers, agents and/or affiliates or related corporations and/or other third parties would be processing your personal data either on our behalf or otherwise, for one or more of the above-stated Purposes. Such third parties include, without limitation;
- our subsidiaries, affiliates and related corporations;
- contractors, agents, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business. These include but are not limited to those which provide administrative or other services to us such as mailing houses, telecommunication companies, information technology companies and data centres;
- third parties to whom disclosure by us is for one or more of the Purposes and such third parties would in turn be collecting and processing your personal data for one or more of the Purposes
- This may require, among other things, share statistical and demographic information about our Users and their use of the Services with suppliers of advertisements and programming. This would not include anything that could be used to identify you specifically or to discover individual information about you.
- Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access personal data transmitted to or contained on the site, technologies may malfunction or not work as anticipated, or someone might access, abuse or misuse information through no fault of ours. We will nevertheless deploy reasonable security arrangements to protect your personal data as required by the Privacy Laws; however there can inevitably be no guarantee of absolute security such as but not limited to when unauthorised disclosure arise.s from malicious and sophisticated hacking by malcontents through no fault of ours.
- We retain Personal data for as long as necessary for its legitimate business purposes, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
- Personal data supplied by you to us shall be accurate, complete, and not misleading.
- You have the right to request access to your personal data processed by us, and be able to correct your personal data
Updated on 2 April 2020