What is Capsule wardrobe?
Capsule wardrobe is mean that finalized a small collection of clothes that can be put together in different ways and include everything you would normally need to wear on daily basis.
This trendy code is a term used in American publications as early as the 1940s, then revived by Suzie Faux in the 1970s and popularized by American singer Donna Karan in 1985.This idea has an aim to have an outfit suitable for any occasion without owning excessive item of clothing. Once you have a Capsule Wardrobe, getting dressed become so easy! It coordinate with current trendy lifestyle of minimalism and bring up Eco-conscious due to the concept of “Reduce” and “Rewear“.
There are 5 rules to guide you before you build your Capsule wardrobe:
- choose a colour scheme
- consider you body shape
- consider your complexion
- choose classic shapes & patterns
- choose high-quality fabrics
After this, 3 simple steps to help you to build your Capsule wardrobe:
Step 1 :Reduce
- Identify those clothing that you know for sure you aren’t going to wear anymore.
- Get them out from your wardrobe.
Step 2: Established your base wardrobe
- This is the categories of things that you need in your life beyond day-to day dressing
- for example: Workout (pants and tops) , Lounge (pajamas, big comfy sweatshirts), Layering (tank&tee), Outerwear (jackets, swimwear), Formal/accessories (necklaces, scarves,earrings)
Step 3: Build your Capsule Wardrobe
Exclude the items in base wardrobe, find out 10-15 clothing that you need and like to wear the most in your daily outfit. You can identify your personal lifestyle before you get the items out.
- Active (gym, kids
- Work (office,meetings)
- Dressy (formal event, concert)
- Fun (restaurants,date nights)
- Lounge (movie at home, baking)
- Daily (groceries, errands, work-from-home)
After identified your lifestyle you can simply make decision on the 10-15 items that you need to fit your daily outfit based on your lifestyle needs.
Your capsule wardrobe DONE!! Enjoy your mindfulness lifestyle!